Field Applications/Support Engineer
|Salary: £35-40K||Reporting to: Customer Delivery Manager||Site location: Cambridge||Pre-requisites – Clean Driving License|
PervasID design and sell world leading technology readers that allow customers to detect, locate and track passive RFID tags at up to 20m from a single antenna. Our products are used across a range of markets, including retail healthcare and manufacturing to create effective and effective inventory management processes.
We are growing rapidly in all geographic regions and are now looking for a Field Applications/Support Engineer to support a major deployment activity worldwide.
The role will involve enhancing customer delivery to help it achieve financial growth through maintaining and improving on its market leading product performance and the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the system installation which will be carried out by a 3rd party.
The role will involve travel both in the UK and overseas, sometimes at short notice.
- Customer delivery
- Project Management
- Overseeing system installation
- Undertaking customer trials
- Customer support
- Conduct Field Surveys
Desired technical Skills
- Familiarity with RF system installations (antennas, transmitters and receivers) and problem solving.
- Working knowledge of Linux and Servers / Networks
- Customer Support.
- Strong customer facing skills.
- Excellent understand of Windows applications e.g. Power Point, Excel and Word
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team Player
- Strong leadership of teams, In a rollout situation.
- Project management methodology.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to understand needs and pressures on a number of stakeholders.
- Highly motivated, flexibility of working hours, installations frequently carried out evening/night time, with a willingness to travel.
HND or Equivalent in RF Electronics
This is a full-time position based in Cambridge. Our modern office at St Johns Innovation Centre, within walking distance of Cambridge North station, offers a range of facilities including free parking and a cafe onsite. For further information or to apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com