Experience: 3-7 years
PervasID design and sell world leading technology readers that allow customers to detect, locate and track passive RFID tags at up to 20m. These are used by customers in retail, healthcare and industrial sectors to create efficient and effective processes. Their readers provide a cost-effective solution to enable processes that gain insights to help increase customer service, improve efficiency, reduce costs and increase throughput.
PervasID is a spin out from Cambridge University, venture capital backed, and growing rapidly in all geographic regions. The Hardware Engineer is a key member of the growing technical team; improving PervasID’s product to help it achieve financial growth through maintaining and improving on its market leading product performance.
The primary role is hardware development including design, prototype verification and testing within the Engineering team. You will also be working closely with our SW and Operations teams and from time-to-time will support the Field Engineering team.
Work at all levels of the design process, including: analogue (RF) and some digital hardware design; schematic capture and PCB layout; test and debug of prototypes in a laboratory environment; support of product manufacturing and test; support of product compliance testing; investigation of hardware-related field issues.
Required technical Skills
- Knowledge of RF circuitry and design.
- Experience of RF standards compliance and test equipment (VNA, spectrum analysers etc)
- Understanding of RF systems (e.g. antennas, transmitters, receivers and propagation)
- Experience of PCB design (Schematic Entry and PCB layout)
Other Useful Skills
- Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or Electronics.
- Knowledge of Altium.
- Knowledge of analogue and digital hardware design.
- Experience of production support.
- Some SW skills e.g. ‘C’, python.
- Knowledge of RFID or similar systems.
- Excellent communications
- Hands on approach
- Willingness to work with other areas of the business including customer facing staff should need arise
This is a full-time position based in Cambridge. Our modern office at St Johns Innovation Centre, within walking distance of Cambridge North station, offers a range of facilities including free parking and a cafe onsite.
For further information or to apply for any of these positions please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We manage all personal data in accordance with current legislation. Please see our website for further information.